Laboratory Accessioner - Houma
Competitive Salary, Performance Bonuses, and Relocation Package Available.
Interested Candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Oversee high-complexity laboratory operations with significant focus on molecular testing.
· Manage laboratory staff including making hiring and firing decisions
· Provide guidance and instruction for specimen testing and analysis using detailed laboratory instrument and equipment.
· Develop, oversee, and implement laboratory policies and procedures for specimen handling, processing, analysis, reporting, and record keeping of specimen test results.
· Run and document all testing samples for quality assurance and quality control purposes (QA/QC). Prepare hard copy and electronic logs on instrumentation for QA/QC control measures and accuracy of testing procedures.
· Provide direct oversight and training for Laboratory Staff and implement performance or corrective actions as needed.
· Collaborate with Sales Team and providers to resolve client issues.
· Implement the laboratory’s established corrective action policies and procedures when test systems are not within acceptable limits of performance and document actions taken.
· Identify and resolve issues that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results. Implement corrective actions immediately and collaborate/document with Laboratory Director immediately.
· Assist the company and appropriate staff during various audits and assessments of operations.
· Comply with all federal and state regulatory policies, procedures, and guidelines.
· Ensure compliance with quality control policies established by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and Commission of Office Laboratory Accreditation (COLA) and other accredited agencies and document all quality control activities, instrument/equipment calibrations and maintenance contained in logs.
· Assist and augment laboratory technicians in testing as required.
· Minimum: Bachelor’s in Medical Technology, or chemical, physical, or biological science
· Preferred: Master’s Degree
· Required: ASCP Certification
3. Work Experience:
· Minimum: 3 years working in high-complexity laboratory
· Preferred: 3-5 years of molecular experience specifically with Thermo Fisher QuantStudio 12K for PCR pathogen detection
· Minimum: 1 year managing laboratory personnel
· Preferred: 2 years lab management experience
JOB TYPE: Full-time
WORK LOCATION: Houma, Louisiana (Relocation Package Available)